Feel free to read that both in a ghostly voice and a crazily over-excited one because I AM SUPER HAPPY that Halloween is this week!
I'm also utterly UTTERLY obsessed with The Vampire Diaries at the moment. Seriously. I'm on season 4 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to marry Damon and I'm already trying to do my hair like Elena. I don't care that I'm 27, it's a brilliant series. Yes God. Thank you, Netflix.
Obviously this means my Halloween costume of choice this year is a vampire. So I was chuffed to discover a super tasty and easily achievable spooky halloween cocktail in my inbox this week that is named after Bram Stoker, aka the creator of the original vampire pin-up himself, Dracula.
It came courtesy of Crown Royal Canadian Whisky (available at The Whisky Exchange and 31 Dover) and as well as having lovely autumnal flavours, it also has a pleasing vampire-like bloodiness rising up from its depths thanks to the settling of the syrup and the cherry.
Here's how to make it if you'd like to give it a go yourself at your Halloween party:
- 50ml Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
- 25ml Apple Schnappz
- 15ml maple syrup
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp maraschino syrup (from maraschino cherry jar)
- Apple and maraschino cherry, to garnish
1. Shake all the ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker or jar, then double strain and serve in a champagne coupe.
2. Garnish with some apple and a maraschino cherry on top (plus a cherry with syrup dropped to the bottom of glass).
What do you guys reckon?