That's right, the weekend has crept up on us again, and I for one am SUPER EXCITED to be raising a glass to toast my new home! It'll be in a paper cup and will probably be drowned out by paint fumes, but I'm sticking with the plan.
For the past few weeks the wonderful Toasted Glass's owner Monique has been allowing us to use her cocktail recipes while all my gear is packed away. It's been an awesome way of proving just how brilliant her hand-painted glassware is.
This week, it's a super-trendy tea cocktail. Remember the last time we did one of them? The Chocolate Chilli Chai Martini? Well this one is a twist on the bramble cocktail and uses a gorgeous bourbon. It's a perfect mix of fruit, a hint of sour and a smoky darkness.
Here's how to make it:
- 60ml bourbon (I recommend a good one like Hudson bourbon)
- 20ml creme de cassis
- 30ml cold lapsang souchong tea
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 fresh blackberries, plus one to garnish
1. Press six of the blackberries through a sieve to remove the pips and collect the juice
2. Scoop a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker. Add the juice, bourbon, creme de cassis, tea and lemon juice and shake what your mamma gave you.
3. Add several ice cubes to a tumbler/old-fashioned glass and strain the cocktail over the top.
4. Garnish with the last remaining blackberry.