It's the Friday at the end of a very, very long week. I need a cocktail to sip while stretched out on the sofa or luxuriating in a large bubble bath - a real pampering cocktail with oodles of flavour and elegance. I bloody deserve it.
Luckily, I've found exactly that in Toasted Glass' cocktail collection.
Those of you who have been away for a while should know that I've been moving house over the last month and in amidst the chaos and the boxed-up cocktail gear, the lovely Monique at Toasted Glass (the hand-painted glassware company that has been featured on this blog many times) has allowed me to use some of her wonderful recipes for the Friday Cocktail slot.
This week's cocktail is perfect not only because it's seductive and classy, but also because it uses ingredients most cocktail fans will have around the house already. All I needed to buy was some raspberries...
- 30ml gin
- 15ml Chase Elderflower liqueur
- 10ml Campari
- 60ml brut cava (I'm using rose cava, but the regular stuff will do splendidly!)
- 5 raspberries
1. Push the raspberries through a sieve - put the juice in your cocktail shaker and discard as many of the pips as you can.
2. Shovel a handful of ice into your shaker and pour over the gin, elderflower liqueur and campari. Pop the lid onto the shaker.
3. Shake, shake, shake that cocktail shaker like there's no tomorrow, until the outside of the shaker begins to frost over.
4. Take the lid off and pour in the Cava, then strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass.
Et voila! Now lock your doors, curl up nice and cosy and block out the world. It's just you, your drink and some peace and quiet for a few minutes. Bliss...