If you love good coffee as much as I do then you are about to become filled with java joy - because you will soon be able to get your mitts on the UK's only wifi coffee machine!
Yes, that's right, there is now a coffee machine you can control from your tablet or phone (your smartphone, that is - I don't think the Nokia 3310 would work) and it's exclusive to Firebox and available to pre-order. It's due in around May, which will give you just enough time to calm down from this amazing surprise.
Brought to us by the guys who invented the iKettle (yep, a kettle you can control from your phone as well! The world's gone all epic), it's called Smarter Coffee, and really earns its name with a whole range of clever functions.
Here's the low-down:
- Yes, you can use your phone or tablet to make your awesome coffee machine do your coffee-making bidding.
- You can either use pre-ground beans (there's a percolator) or the machine can both grind and brew fresh coffee beans.
- You can control how strong your coffee is and how coarsely the beans are ground. Nifty.
- You can set it up to have your coffee ready in the morning or when you get home from work.
- You can also keep your coffee warm for up to 40 minutes (for when you get distracted playing Peggle).
- You can make just the one cup (if you're keeping this bad boy all to yourself - and I don't blame you) OR you can make up to TWELVE WHOLE CUPS OF COFFEE. I propose a coffee party immediately.
Yep, it's amazing.
So how much does it cost? £149.99. Which is actually a helluva lot less than some of the more hoity-toity coffee machines out there - and they aren't controlled by wifi, so ner.
Even if you don't know if you'd use it enough at home, can you imagine how AWESOME your office would be if you all clubbed in a tenner for this? There's even an app that lets you send each other DRINKS REQUESTS!
Anyway, I'm off to have a cuppa to calm down. But I'll have to turn the stupid machine on myself for now. Hmph.