One cocktail in particular stole my heart - The Pig's Tail - so when I got back I spent the afternoon trying to create something similar. The recipe I came up with wasn't quite the same, but it's slightly boozier, so I think it's better...
It's a perfect blend of zingy lemon, refreshing apple, sweet, warming ginger and a juicy hint of blackcurrant, and it's easy-peasy to make. You will need to whip up a ginger syrup (I use this effortless Martha Stewart recipe) but it's SO simple anyone can do it, and takes no time at all - perfect to make on a Friday night so you can be cocktail-fuelled all weekend.
The Ginger Piglet recipe (serves one)
- 3.5 shots cloudy apple juice
- 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 shots vodka (as good as you can afford)
- 3/4 shot (or around 20ml) ginger syrup
- 2.5tsp creme de cassis
1. Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
2. Shake it like a polaroid picture for about 5 seconds and strain the mixture into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with a curl of lemon peel if you're that way inclined.
Happy weekend! Let us know your drinks plans in the comments...