Well I'm almost glad they never did (I did get to play with my neighbour's one instead) because it made finally getting one all the sweeter, especially as now they're back with an all-new, even better design.
The SodaStream Revolution is a foxy beast of a machine, with lots of nifty features, like four different levels of carbonation (from mini-spritz to full-on fizz) and a little monitor that tells you when you need a new gas cylinder.
And it really is ridiculously, one-click-and-you're-there easy to use, despite me messing it up (I didn't read the instructions...), plus I was amazed at how quickly it works! I think it took about five seconds to turn my water into spritzy bubbles. There's a huge range of new flavours too - from pink grapefruit to peach & pear to a blueberry energy drink - so I was pretty chuffed when they kindly sent me a machine and some Christmas cocktail recipes to try! I had a lot of fun test-driving them... and I mean A LOT of fun.
Here are my three favourites - they're really simple, and having a SodaStream makes it really easy to make up pitchers ready for Christmas parties...
- 700ml chilled white wine
- 1 litre SodaStream Cranberry & Raspberry
- 125ml Grand Marnier
- 6 fresh raspberries
1. Pour the wine and Grand Marnier into a large pitcher and add cubed ice.
2. Top with SodaStream Cranberry & Raspberry soda and stir.
3. Garnish with fresh raspberries and stir again before pouring.
- 30ml vodka
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 15ml vanilla syrup
- 50ml passion fruit juice
- 100ml SodaStream Ginger Ale soda
1. Add the vodka, lime, syrup and passion fruit juice to a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice.
2. Shake hard and double strain into a chilled martini glass.
3. Add the SodaStream Ginger Ale soda and stir lightly.
4. Garnish with a passion fruit wedge.
- 40ml vodka
- 150ml SodaStream Elderflower soda
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1. Mix vodka, rosemary, cucumber and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake hard and double strain into a chilled glass.
3. Top with SodaStream Elderflower soda and stir.
4. Garnish with a mint sprig and cucumber.
A SodaStream Revolution machine is £149.99 and you are still just in time for Christmas, as delivery is normally 2-3 working days. You can also get it on Amazon for £135.73 plus £6.01 for delivery. The flavours are £4.29 each, but I also like the sample starter pack which gives you 12 varieties to try for £9.99!